Road & Traffic Information
I-10 eastbound is closed at the Texas/Louisiana state line, and I-10 westbound is closed west of the Atchafalaya Basin. (To detour the closure and avoid undrivable conditions, motorists should use U.S 61, I-55, and I-59 and travel north to connect with I-20.)
I-10 Closed Calcasieu Bridge. Use Alternate Route I-49 North to I-20.
Thursday, August 27, 2020 8:00 AM
I-10 was closed ahead of Hurricane Laura, but is expected to reopen at daybreak.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced on Wednesday that a portion of I-10 is now closed due to Hurricane Laura. I-10 eastbound is closed at the Texas/Louisiana state line, and I-10 westbound is closed west of the Atchafalaya Basin.
To detour the closure and avoid unsafe conditions, motorists should use U.S 61, I-55, and I-59 and travel north to connect with I-20.
DOTD reminds drivers to use extreme caution when traveling through hazardous weather. Never attempt to drive through high water; turn around and choose another route.
Before traveling, motorists are encouraged to check www.511la.org or dial 511 from their mobile phone for the latest on roadway conditions and incidents. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511).
The Acadia Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness says they have numerous reports coming in about power lines and trees down around the parish along roadways. They are urging all residents to stay put and not get onto the roadways right now as they are trying to assess the damages. To report damages, residents are asked to can call 337-788-8772 for non-emergency reports.
This a list of road closures and obstructions from the Evangeline Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness:
- Mayeauxville Road is flooded
- Trees are down on Hwy 95 at West Park Road
According to the Scott Police Department, the following roadways are closed due to water at this time:
- Old Spanish Trail only passable to cross on Apollo
- Sunset/Perez area
- St. Anne @ Cameron
- Pecan Grove @ W Willow
- Canyon Ridge @ Dulles
- Marie @ Riner
- All of Westward Heights (Cheyenne/Vincent/All cross streets)
- Mills from W Willow to Renaud
- Harold Gauthe @ Park West
Please avoid these areas. Do not move or go around barricades.
ST. LANDRY PARISH
This a list of road closures and obstructions from the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office:
- Water over the road on Hwy 182 south of Bellevue Cemetery
- Standing water on Little Teche Road
- Fort Hamilton at Hill Top going towards Hwy 31 – impassable
- 402 Boxie – White GMC Sierra in ditch – subject in the cabins nearby
- Hwy 104 by Railroad Track – water over the road
- Hwy 104, 6th Street to Hwy 3043 – flooded
- Hwy 190 coming into Eunice is impassable, closed on east and west side of town
ST. MARTIN PARISH
The St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office is reporting the following road closures:
- A powerline and pole is currently down across the roadway at Hwy. 31 and Colonel Jeff Deblanc Pkwy. Entergy has been notified but will not be going out until it is safe to do so. Road is impassable at this time.
- Ruth Bridge Hwy./Main Hwy. – Powerline down. SLEMCO has been notified.
- Resweber/Catahoula Hwy. – Powerline down. Entergy has been notified.
- Trees are the blocking the roadway at 1200 block of True Friend Road
- Trees are the blocking the roadway at Main/True Friend Near The Teche
- Trees are the blocking the roadway at Anse Broussard/Near Family Dollar
- Bergeron Rigs at Calhoun Lane – Water over the roadway and not passable.
- Petroleum Parkway-Water on the roadway, not passable
- Carlton St.-St Martinville. Road passable, but roadway is covered with water.
- Trees are the blocking the roadway at 3000 block of Main Highway
- Anse Broussard at Poche Bridge (northbound)
- Tree in the roadway at Smede and Chuck Street-Road blocked.
- Hughes Road near Smede near the bridge. Water is over the bridge at this time.
- Powerline down on the roadway in the 4096 block of Poydras Hwy.
- Large tree across the roadway at Doyle Melancon and Breaux Bridge High School Road. 1000 QCP Park Drive- water on roadway not passable at this time.
- Large tree down in the roadway in the 1299 block of Joe Kidder Road at the end of the roadway.
- Tree and power lines down in the 3900 block of Catahoula Hwy. Roadway is blocked at this time.
The Vermilion Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness is reporting several roadways in the parish that are either impassable or obstructed due to the aftermath of Hurricane Laura.
- A tree is down on Pleasant Road at Audubon in Abbeville.
- Several trees and a wire down on Hwy 82 and a tree down on Hwy 35 in Kaplan as the surge is currently still rolling in.
- Water is on the roadway at Hwy 33 in Ester
- Water and downed powerlines have been reported on Bares Road
- Water has been reported on the roadway at East Main Street
- Water has been reported on the roadway of Elias Road
- Water has been reported on the roadway of Germaine Road
- Water has been reported on the roadway of Grant Road
- Downed trees have been reported on the roadway of Grosse Isle Road
- Water has been reported on Jude Road
- Trees are partially blocking Bayou Tige Bridge along LA Hwy 330 and Caldwell Avenue
- Downed trees have been reported on North Road and Grant Street